Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Banana Split Pudding Brownies

So I ran across the recipe for Banana Split Pudding Brownies about a week or so ago.  I decided I wanted to make them.  I had 5 ripe bananas here in the house, but I didn't save one for the top.  That was partly because I wasn't sure how the banana would be tomorrow.  There is no way that my sons and I can eat an entire pan of brownies in one evening no matter how good the brownies are.  Not to mention, how many calories do you think are in this pan of brownies?  You can find the nutritional information for each piece here.
The picture above is before they were popped into the oven.

This recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance.  The banana "pudding" looks a little strange, but it cooked up nicely.The picture of the brownies on amazon.com is much more pleasing to the eye than my plain pan of brownies above.  If you go here, look at image 11.  It is awesome looking and when I make these to take to work, that's how mine will look.  But for tonight, mine look good just with the topping and some chocolate chunks thrown on top. And, it tastes great!  It got the seal of approval from my sons.  That's all I need. :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!! My kids would devour it!
    Blessings, Debra
    In The Kitchen With Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brownies are totally good. They remind me of chocolate swirl banana bread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've made those once and they are incredible. Chocolate on top is a great idea, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chocolate on top was great! I think I enjoyed it as much as I would have if I had put bananas on the top.

    ReplyDelete