Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tandoori Vegetables

These didn't turn out quite like I was hoping, but they did turn out good.  This was my first experience using my Romertopf Clay Baker.  I wasn't quite sure how it would work.  Now that I've used it, I realize that I should not have put any liquid (canned fire-roasted tomatoes) in with the veggies and that a drizzle of olive oil and fresh tomatoes would have given me a dish closer to what I was trying to achieve.  Also, I used frozen veggies (a mix of cauliflower, carrots, red bell peppers, and beans), and I think fresh would have been better.  BUT, I am trying to use the food I have in my freezer, refrigerator, and pantry, so this was in line with that.
I used many different spices.  I used tandoori masala, garam masala, red cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder, fresh dill, and some French sea salt.  For frozen veggies and canned tomatoes, it wasn't bad, but definitely I'll be using all fresh veggies and olive oil when cooking in the Romertopf again.

No comments:

Post a Comment