Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Three - Haven't Caved Yet!

This week is my late week at work. By most people's standards, it isn't a "late" week because I get out of work at 5PM.  It just means that I have to stay and close the office.  I took my girls to the dog park because they hadn't been in at least a week and they needed to get out of the house for a period of time.  That meant by the time I got back home at 7:30PM, my youngest son, Derek was starving and wanting me to fix him something to eat.  David, my oldest son, had eaten a leftover veggie burger to hold him over before he went to play basketball.

I made Derek two grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.  Normally when I make the sandwiches, I'll have a slice of ham, but not today.  I wasn't really tempted...well, maybe a little.  I turned around to put the ham in a ziplock bag and as I turned the rest of the ham FLEW out of the packaging and landed in the dogs' water bowl.  The bottom had a small rip, which obviously expanded.  Derek doubled over laughing.  All but one slice of the ham fell into the dogs' bowl.  The dogs were VERY happy.  I actually had to laugh, too, as it was pretty comical.

After all of that, I still needed to eat.  Before on a typical night, I'd eat chips or ice cream instead of a decent dinner.  Tonight, I had a piece of the vegetarian lasagna that I made on Saturday.  Let me tell you, that hit the spot.  It's sinful that something can taste that good and have a little more than 1/3 of the calories of regular lasagna.  And, I don't feel "stuffed" after eating it.  For dessert, I had a bowl of fresh strawberries that I had diced with my Vidalia Chop Wizard.  The acrylic margarita glass just added to their delight!

I still need to figure out what I'm going to make with those mangoes!  I guess that's my new quest.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment