Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baking on a Sunday

There is something about the weekends that makes me want to cook or bake more.  Today, I made a simple loaf of white bread using Eagle Mills Ultragrain All Purpose Flour (has as much protein - 4 grams - as bread flours) to up the fiber content and make the bread just a little healthier than regular < 1 gram of fiber bread.  This bread turned out perfectly.  It has a perfect crumb, great taste and texture, and will make fabulous sandwiches.  In fact, almost half of the loaf is gone just from my sons and me sampling the bread.  Yikes!  

I was going to make a stir fry tonight with asparagus and tofu, but I don't think I have the motivation, so I will probably just make that tomorrow.  I took my two big dogs to the dog park, when the heat and humidity were probably at their highest, so I came home hot and tired.  Then I ran errands for an hour or so.  Tonight, a salad seems in order. It's quick, light, and easy.  I'll leave the more complicated meal for tomorrow when I have more energy for chopping and preparation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment