Saturday, October 15, 2011

Butter Chick'n and the CUTEST Apron!

I've been cooking the past few weeks, but not as much as I should have. Today, I decided to use my crock pot.  I have MANY things I could be cooking in it, I just needed to pick a recipe and do it.
I chose Butter Chick'n out of Kathy Hester's The Vegan Slow Cooker.  It's tofu (cubed) slow cooked in a curry sauce.  I've seen recipes for Butter Chicken, but when I was a carnivore, I never tried it.  Now, I want to try it. It's currently in my crock pot.
I'll be having it over brown rice (mixed variety) and roasting some Brussels sprouts for my side dish.  Can't wait until dinner! :)
Also, I'd like to share a website with you. It's a mother/daughter business based in Iowa.  They make aprons, and they are very CUTE aprons, if I say so myself. (I did!)  The aprons are 100% USA made.  It's called J & J Inspirations - Fancy Aprons & Custom Creations.  I learned about this website from The Iowa Housewife blog (not a vegan blog, but still a great blog).  It took me a month to order one and by the time I got around to it, the one I wanted, For the Dogs, was sold out.  :::boo hoo!:::  I emailed the site and Janelle immediately responded to me.

Needless to say (because you can see in my picture), Janelle and her Mom (who does all of the sewing) made more For the Dogs aprons and I got mine!  This site has a lovely collection of aprons.  I have my eye on Turquoise Stripes and Flowers (there's just something about that apron that speaks to me).  :::smile:::  So, if you are looking for a unique gift or just a cute apron for yourself so you don't splash ingredients on your favorite shirt (I swear, it only happens when I am cooking something with tomatoes in it), check out J & J Inspirations.

3 comments:

  1. I adore aprons! I have far too many, but have used them all quite a few times. That one is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. I like the shape, too. It's flattering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! We absolutely LOVE when our customers fall in love with our creations! What are so honored that you took the time to express your adoration of our product. Let me say...your roasted vegetables look absolutely delicious! We just moved to the country in April and we didn't have time to do a garden this year, but we can not wait to get one going next year! We have big plans in store! I will definitely be looking to your website for some veggie ideas!

    ReplyDelete